Skip to main content

Wherever I Go

"This is my command - be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

It's been about a week since I've posted, but our computer had a virus and was being held hostage at Best Buy. I think it was a nice break, though.
My hip is feeling much better now. I took two full days off from running and walking, but I picked back up last Saturday. I did three miles instead of four, but I didn't want to push myself too hard and hurt myself again!

On Sunday and Monday, I just went on leisurely one mile walks. I went alone on Sunday and really just enjoyed being in the presence of the Lord. There was a nice breeze and I listened to praise music, letting my heart converse with God. It was wonderful and I could feel myself beginning to rest again in His arms. 

On Monday, I went on walks with the kids. Jack walked right alongside me in the morning and rode his bicycle in the afternoon. We stopped on the pier, visited with a bird, and just admired God's creation. I know how much I enjoyed that quality time with my dad when he was here, and it was nice to do the same with my own children. 

This morning I was back to serious training, but I struggled! My body just felt tired and I only made it 2.27 miles in 32:38.  Fortunately, I didn't really care. I traveled down part of a new jogging path and spent most of my focus talking with the Lord. I've been struggling with letting outside negativity get the best of me. Today, I just prayed that God would give me the strength to stay focused on the positive. There are so many positive things and positive people in my life and I am so thankful!

I am also so thankful that I serve a loving God. He is my heavenly Father who welcomed me back into His Presence with open arms. After praying through my struggles last week, God immediately answered my prayers through the pages of a Bible study. I was so excited to see God giving me the answers in what seemed like such an obvious way! There are so many things I see when I'm actually looking!

So today, I pray that I can be strong and courageous. I have no need to be afraid or discouraged because God really is with me wherever I go. Even if I take a detour from the path He has made for me, He is still right there waiting for me. He isn't waiting to condemn me, but instead to overwhelm me with His love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even When I Run Away ...

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18 It's been over a year since I wrote in this blog. The past year has brought many life changes for our family. My husband returned from deployment and we packed up and moved across the country. I've had to adjust to a new home, a new school for my son, a new church, and new friends ... New everything. I haven't written in this particular blog because it's always been my place to share about my running journey and how my relationship with God has matured through that quiet time with Him. But over the last year or so, I haven't really been running.  And I've felt further from God than I've felt in a really long time.  At the beginning of 2017, I slowly began running again. A friend and I signed up for a half marathon and despite the sometimes awful weather here, I haven't missed a training run yet. I began to feel like I was fin

Letter from a Recovering Racist

It all started with books. As soon as I learned to read, my world began to change. When I was born, my world was small. I grew up in the Deep South. Fields for miles. Mosquitoes big enough to drain you dry. I lived in the middle of nowhere. Everyone around me looked just like me . Until I started kindergarten. As I grew older, I learned beside people who didn't look like me. But as time went on, the lines were drawn in the sand. We were "us" and they were "them." The lines were drawn with words, attitudes, and beliefs. Were there big explosions of speech and blatant actions? Yes. But most were whispers. It's easy to deny a whisper. A look. A thought. An idea. But many whispers together make a lot of noise. And the sound was deafening. The older I grew, the more books I read. Although I interacted daily with people not like me, I never listened to their voices. Not in person. But I read. I read and I read and I read. I read boo

Wisdom

Wisdom. It's something that everyone desires to have, and that most people already believe they have. But unfortunately, we the people often choose to say and do many unwise things. I find myself needing wisdom often, but not asking for it nearly enough. Before I speak, before I post, before I act ... did I prayerfully consider why I'm saying, posting, or doing these things? Not usually. I tend to base those decisions on how I feel in the moment ... or how I want the response to make me feel. Sometimes it ends up okay. But other times, it doesn't.  I struggle most in this area when it comes to how I speak. It's not so much that terrible words cross my lips, but more often the wrong attitude. Am I quick to complain or vent my frustrations? Am I uplifting to those around me or do I just fuel the flames of discontent? I typically find that my feelings are fleeting and the words that I've spilled don't even truly reflect my thoughts. But I respond i