Skip to main content

Steadfast

"Be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord."
1 Corinthians 15:58

This has been an awesome week for me, as far as running goes! Last Wednesday, I ran a 5k on base and although I didn't PR on my 5k time, I DID PR on my 2 mile time! (18:57!) It was an extremely hot race, but I can tell that I'm slowly getting faster and stronger! While running, God brought Isaiah 40:31 to mind, "But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint!" It was just what I needed!


Yesterday, I surprised myself AGAIN by breaking my 1.5 mile and 2 mile records! (13:11 and 17:51!) I almost threw up afterward, but I was pretty excited! The current training I'm doing is preparing me to pass an Army PT test. (No, I'm NOT joining the Army!) My goal was to run 2 miles in under 18 minutes and I did it!



I've also started cross-training on my bicycle! I try to bike every other day. I can usually ride around 6 miles in 30 minutes. On Saturday, I rode 13.5 miles in an hour and 10 minutes and it was wonderful! The roads were empty and there was a nice breeze. I spent a lot of time talking to God and it was great!

I wish I had something amazing to blog about today, but I don't. In fact, I had a little bit of a rough week. In spite of my rough week, God proved his faithfulness over and over again. So I'm actually thankful because I've been able to see God working in my life, yet again. 

God always sends, or allows, things to happen in my life to either teach me, prepare me, or both. The more quickly I can recognize those instances, the better! Although I wholeheartedly believe that Devin and I are answering God's call by going into the ministry full-time, I've been so fearful that I wouldn't be able to handle it. Even though we aren't "officially" there yet, God has shown me that we CAN handle it, with His help, and that He is our protector and defender. 

Whenever I question what I should do, or how I should handle a situation, God always gives me the answer. Whether it be in His Word or through the Holy Spirit's conviction, the Lord always shows me the way. Most of the time it's hard, and it's usually not what my nature wants to do, but in the end, when I listen, I'm so grateful that I have a loving Savior who cares enough about me to show me the way.

While writing this just now, God showed Himself to me, yet again. I couldn't decide on a verse or a title to use. My dad usually sends out a verse every morning, but for some reason, he just sent it out as I was writing this. The verse was exactly what I needed to hear. "Be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord." (1 Corinthians 15:58) As long as I make every decision based on what God wants from my life, nothing I do is in vain. That makes every heartache or difficulty worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even When I Run Away ...

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18 It's been over a year since I wrote in this blog. The past year has brought many life changes for our family. My husband returned from deployment and we packed up and moved across the country. I've had to adjust to a new home, a new school for my son, a new church, and new friends ... New everything. I haven't written in this particular blog because it's always been my place to share about my running journey and how my relationship with God has matured through that quiet time with Him. But over the last year or so, I haven't really been running.  And I've felt further from God than I've felt in a really long time.  At the beginning of 2017, I slowly began running again. A friend and I signed up for a half marathon and despite the sometimes awful weather here, I haven't missed a training run yet. I began to feel like I was fin

Letter from a Recovering Racist

It all started with books. As soon as I learned to read, my world began to change. When I was born, my world was small. I grew up in the Deep South. Fields for miles. Mosquitoes big enough to drain you dry. I lived in the middle of nowhere. Everyone around me looked just like me . Until I started kindergarten. As I grew older, I learned beside people who didn't look like me. But as time went on, the lines were drawn in the sand. We were "us" and they were "them." The lines were drawn with words, attitudes, and beliefs. Were there big explosions of speech and blatant actions? Yes. But most were whispers. It's easy to deny a whisper. A look. A thought. An idea. But many whispers together make a lot of noise. And the sound was deafening. The older I grew, the more books I read. Although I interacted daily with people not like me, I never listened to their voices. Not in person. But I read. I read and I read and I read. I read boo

New

I was 15 years old the first time he told me no one would ever love me. With those words, my life changed. I saw myself as unlovable. I was worthless. I was unwanted. I was broken. I was dirty. Before that day, I loved myself well and I felt like I loved others well. Not to "toot my own horn," but I just had a naturally generous spirit. That still lingers in my love language today. Giving is how I both show and feel love. But something shifted in that moment.  The word love became a weapon. It became a tool to manipulate.  And it broke my heart. Suddenly, I found myself trying to earn it. No one could ever love me just for being me. They could only love what I could give or do for them. This always played itself out in one of two ways: I'd either give and give and give until I had nothing left and I was left feeling unloved and worthless ... or I would refuse to give anything at all and I was still left feeling unloved and worthle